Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Today was pretty annoying...

I'm pretty sure I've written before about how much I can't stand this time of year.  Every fall when the time changes, I inwardly groan, sigh and think to myself  "once football season and the holidays are over...there is nothing..."

Short days = I want to be on my couch under a blanket like a bear hibernating in winter.  The weather in Charleston this winter has been not just bipolar, but schizophrenic.  It's 80 degrees one day and flowers start to bloom...the next day, it's 19 degrees with an ice storm on the way.   I quit my #jmdvdchallenge because...well, I just don't have a good excuse.  #JMDVDFAIL.  And I felt really bad about it.  I did ok for a few days, but then I just retreated to my blanket a lot.  I feel like I let some of my bloggy buddies down.  Sorry ladies :(

I hate being a huge Debbie Downer, but this is TOTALLY how I've been feeling today.  On top of it being winter, there was the rare threat of an impending ice storm and the whole world was in a frenzy.  The Publix was out of milk, there were people everywhere, and I just wanted to kill everyone in my path.  OH and it didn't start icing up until about 5:00 PM, about 12 hours later then predicted  But the world is ending.  And schools are out.  And I'm just feeling especially grumpy at all the hyperness.  And friends of mine in Atlanta spent like 70 hours in their cars.  Needless to say, I JUST WASN'T FEELING TODAY!

Funny Seasonal Ecard: I hope my complaints about the weather have made the weather seem comparatively less annoying.

I know, that's pretty grouchy and terrible..  Not the the norm for my positive, chipper self.  I've not had the chance to blog like I really want to lately and that also makes me feel like I'm off-kilter.  But as I sit here and write this, I keep thinking about my life being in transition.  I'm in a new marriage.  I'm learning new things at work.  I'm learning how to deal with money with my husband for the first time.  And I'm just looking to anything new to me back into a good place.

So what's a girl to do when you're over the weather and all of life's annoyances in one day?

You order new makeup in order to fake a tan and look flawless at work while everyone else is looking pale.

True story, I am HOOKED on highlighting and contouring now and have officially fallen in love with Maskcara's HAC Pack (or IIID Foundation System).  It FINALLY arrived last Saturday and I've been enjoying it ever since.  You think that blush looks a little too bright Barbie pink? It's not and it's AMAZING.  It blends beautifully and it stays on all day.  


First things first, before you slap this stuff on and hope you look good, watch some tutorials.  Definitely learn which areas you should contour and which ones to highlight.  Contour will involve the hollows of your cheeks, your outer forehead edges and your jawline.  Highlight under your eyes, above your eyebrows and fill in the areas that you didn't apply the contour color to.  I've found that I do best if I apply a very light layer of foundation first and then start using the HAC Pack on top of it.  Use a good foundation brush and you will look like a pro. 

Word of caution, you may look like an Indian painting on war paint for the first time, but I promise it gets better!

The cream blush, like I said, is awesome.  The illuminator is also beautiful.  You can use that for additional highlighting (tops of cheekbones, brow bone, etc.).   If you love makeup and want to try something new, definitely give this a shot.  Once you know what you're doing, it won't add much time to your makeup routine.  

Ok I know, iPhones don't take the greatest pictures but check out my before...this is great because my skin has a lot of redness to it in the winter from drying out.  This is how it looks before a fresh coat of makeup each day.  (and obvs before a blow dryer). 


(That's an extreme before, fresh out of the shower)

and AFTER:


The yellow in the highlight part of the kit really tones down the redness.

Now that I've shared all of this with you guys, please please please go check out Cara's blog and take a look at her 

For you all that braved the weather today and got stuck out in it, I hope you're enjoying some downtime with your family and maybe having a cozy alcoholic beverage.  I may need a few of those tonight.  It's days like these that I remind myself that tomorrow is another day...and that new makeup will always make me happy!

Night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment