Sunday, January 5, 2014

Jillian Michaels DVD Challenge Day 4-Yoga Meltdown Review

Hey guys! Happy Sunday!  Ugh, do we really have to go back to work tomorrow? I need a weekend to recover from my weekend. 
 
So it's Day 4 of the #jmdvdchallenge.  Please follow along on IG and all of the blogs linking up for this.  It's super fun and a few of my blog girl crushes have started following my IG account.  EEK! I feel like the Kardashians have discovered me or something!  Super psyched ladies, you have no idea how much I've told the hubs over and over "OMG! Holly and Jen started FOLLOWING ME!" 
 
He looked at me like I had three heads.  But then he said "good babe, glad you're happy!". 
 
 
So as mentioned before, this is 30 days of Jillian's rasp screaming at you.  Just to make sure it's all understood, you don't have to do the same DVD over and over again.  Which is great, because after 3 days of Ripped in 30, I needed a break from all of her random sayings that don't make any sense.
 
Which is when I decided to change it up today and do Jillian's Yoga Meltdown.  After seeing a ton of reviews, I decided to go with it.
 
Holy.....thigh.....burn. 
 
Let me preface this review with if you are a true yoga subscriber (and trust me, I used to be for a long time, full Hatha and then hot yoga follower for years)...then this is not for you.  This is not a chance to find your zen or chi...or whatever you're looking for.  Or line up your chakras. This is not lay back, relax in corpse pose after synchronized sun salutations for an hour.  This is like an interval workout with lots of planks, chataranga push ups, and some warrior poses thrown in there.

Jillian does a good job of incorporating the sun salutation to bring it all home during the entire workout, which I like, because that is basic yoga for everyone.  But she breaks it up with repeated moves so that you feel the burn.  For real, I was sweating right after the warm up.  I was sweating in my eyeballs at one point and needed a headband.
 
Even though THE VOICE grates on your nerves, this is a workout you do not want to ignore.  If you're not feeling the Shred or Ripped workouts on any given day, do this one.  It's a really works your thighs, abs and surprisingly, your upper arms and lats.  Totally feeling this in my shoulders right now as I type this. 
 
Keep following on Instagram, it's so fun to see the other reviews and figure out what works for you.
 
And isn't this SO TRUE?
 
Funny Somewhat Topical Ecard: Jillian Michaels is hot, but what's up that left eye squint when she talks?
 
Ok I'm done.  Keep it up you guys!  I am usually a big gym rat but this working out at home thing is awesome (and free!).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment