Thursday, January 2, 2014

Jillian in January

So..............New Years is over.  Sigh.  The party is done for.  All the champagne has been guzzled and delicious foods have been consumed.  I had hummus and carrots for breakfast this morning.
 
Sigh. (heavy sigh)
 
Time to get back on the wagon.  I just literally emailed my trainer this morning and was like "please start my membership back up so that I can come suffer for the month of January".  Not like I've gained a ton of weight or let myself go, buttttttttttt, I'm pretty sure I couldn't do 10 burpees and not die right now. 
 
And the pants are slightly tight.  This is exactly how my mint skinnies look today. 
 

For January, I'm joining in with a few bloggers with a JM challenge.  (#jmdvdchallenge on Instagram). 
 
 
 
 Jillian....Jillian...I have to put you on mute because your voice makes me want to punch you through the TV.  And you say weird things.  And you get a little fiesty with your 2 helpers on each DVD.
 
And looking at your perfect abs just makes me want to die.
 
So why should I do this (and you, if you're reading)?
 
The upside to the challange is that Jillian is all over YouTube, so even if you don't own her DVDs (which are super cheap and you can buy them at Target, Walmart, even Marshalls), you can find her on the interwebs. 
 
She has a yoga workout that is pretty intense too, so if you want to take a little bit of a break from the weights/cardio/abs system she is famous for, try the Yoga Meltdown.
 
Oh AND....I watched a little snippet of her take on dieting and clean eating the other day.  It's a GREAT trainer's perspective on how to eat and clearing up any myths about diets.  And it's from her book. Great lifestyle changes and truth about things that can potentially hurt your metabolism.  Note that she debunks cleansing and fasting. Just remember that if you do start a cleanse (like Advocare), you still eat, you just eat clean.  So all this stuff on just drinking cayenne pepper water for a week....yeah, good luck with that.  Around minute 3, she starts talking about her kids and stuff, but check this out, it's great. So glad that someone is honest and truthful about healthy ways to lose weight and clean up your diet. 
 


There's also some monetary incentive in here if you do this right, take before and afters, and sync up with @hollystanfield, @missmel_joy, @kimmyyy1, and @fatchick2fitchick on Instagram.  Holly has a great post up today and some info on how to take you measurements.  You don't have to do the before an after pics, only if you are competing for the cold hard cash. 
 
In case you want to follow along or buy the DVD, I'm doing Ripped in 30. It's really great workout where the weeks do get progressively harder, espeically week 3. 
 
Just do it you guys,  you know you want to.  Get to tagging these lovely ladies on Instagram and start sweating and cursing at your TV.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment