Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend Recap!

Happy Monday! Here's a bit of a weekend recap from my trip home for Father's Day weekend.  Don't worry, it's not all sappy and mushy stuff about how great my dad is (although he is pretty awesome), but there's some healthy stuff thrown in there too.

So what do fathers and daughters do when they have free time on their hands?  They go fishing and attend small town BBQ festivals :)  Yep, I'm a bit of a tomboy, no shopping or mani-pedis for me. 

We caught one small fish, but the laughs and drive to and from the lake was worth the trip.  How can you not love life with a view like this for an entire afternoon?


The next day, we enjoyed some unhealthy food, but some great music and fellowship at a mountain BBQ festival.  This is Dad/Jim enjoying some of the good eatin'.  He's pretty special, look at that form as he goes in for the rib.  He also bought me some new tires for my car this weekend, without even batting an eyelash.  I offered to pay, he looked at me like I had 3 heads.  Good man. 


Saturday night, I cooked my parents a big dinner as a big thank you for my tires and it was GOOD if I do say so myself.  I'm attempting to post the recipes later, just haven't gotten there yet.  We had spinach stuffed portabella mushrooms with goat cheese, roasted brussell sprouts, and sweet potatoes, goat cheese and almonds.  (I like goat cheese, it's the bomb diggity) Sunday was church, more good eatin' (mom's squash casserole, YUM), and then I headed back home.  Definitely a little sad to leave after such a good weekend, but it was good to be home. 

One thing I did at home was try on my wedding dress.  I love this dress, and I WISH I could post pictures, but sadly enough, my fiancé reads this from time to time.  So no can do BUT I will say....the middle was a little LOOSE (YAY!), the rest fit perfectly, and I am super stoked for December. 

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.  Just s quick heads up, I just ordered the Advocare 10 day cleanse after so many good reviews, so be forewarned that the shirtless (not bra-less) pictures are coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment