Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Venting...and some wedding updates/advice!

Ok so I have to vent for a sec.  I definitely have an issue with Matt Lauer after today's interview with Paula Deen.  What a complete toolbag-face!  I've officially lost a great deal of respect for a news show that I usually enjoy watching.  Let's go back several years to his train wreck interview with Britney Spears.  She was preggers, hanging out of her tank top, and one of her false eyelashes came off during the interview.  She cried and he was OH so sympathetic to someone that was OBVIOUSLY having serious mental and emotional issues.  I think she complained about being too famous? Her hair extensions? Having kids??

Seriously LAUER? You were super sweet to this when it happened!
 
Now yes, I know that Paula pulled a major no-no when it comes to using a word that should never be used.  But she was obviously remorseful this morning and her feet were held to a fire that I consider fueled by an egotistical journalist.  I hope we can go back in your past, MATTY POO, and find some dirt.  Do unto others, brother. 
 
Ok I digress, I'm fired up and need to channel that energy into something positive.  So here are a few wedding updates!
 
1.  We have a CAKE (thank you Publix!)
 
What cake?  | Sexually Oblivious Female
 
2.  We also may have flowers! I may still try to do these myself just to practice and see how I do, but we have a backup option...(thank you again, Publix)
3.  I found a lovely salon to do make-up for the wedding.  Planning on scheduling a trial run very soon so I can post pictures of a Greta Garbo-esque face.  Think old Hollywood glamour. 
4.  We have possibly settled on a honeymoon spot! We're taking a bigger trip next year, but a romantic getaway somewhere close by is what we're after.
5.  I MIGHT be getting Botox...in my crow's feet...dot dot dot...smile :)  I would like for my face to look like this when it's done:
 
  JUSTTTTTTTT kidding!
 
Someone asked me recently how I'm liking the planning process.  I am LOVING it.  I hear a lot of conflicting opinions about the planning phase.  Some brides hate it, they loathe putting together table settings, or don't know how to make decisions.  Other brides take their Pinterest skills to a new level, and plan the most amazing and spectacular shindig this side of the Mississippi, on their own, without a planner, with $5.  Well, that's just not natural.  They key to everything is not letting the bull... get ya down.
 
Here's advice I have to anyone planning a wedding:
 
-  Realize it's not about just YOU, but you AND your loving fiancé.  The wedding should be a reflection of the two of you.  YES, some of you girls have been dreaming of your special day since you were five, but chances are, your ideas have changed a little bit.  Keep you guy involved.  Jarrett managed to make some really logical decisions when I was struggling at times, so don't forget about the man that put that nice rock on your left hand.
-  Plan the big things first (venue, music, food and bar), and then fill in the little details later.
-  If you have a budget, do try to stick to it, but do be ok with going over it a little.  Not a lot though, nobody wants to be like paying for all that 3 years later.
-  DON'T DO WEDDING STUFF EVERY DAY! This is pretty common in the beginning, but once you're initial excitement dies down, pick a night or two to plan, and then continue on with normal life as usual.  Letting it consume you will just stress you out and turn you into a Bridezilla.  Ugh, NO, not allowed. 
-  The hardest part will be the guest list.  Accept it and move on.  Try not to fight too much about it with your family.  Do make sure you include your family FIRST on the list.  They are the ones that love you and support you the most.  If you don't want to invite your best friend from 2nd grade, Shayla-Mae, then don't stress about it.
-  (Jarrett added this one, thanks honey!) Let the wedding be what you want it to be.  If that's a backyard BBQ, a wedding in a church, or the most elegant, formal event in the world, then do what you want to do.  But plan for it to be FUN.  I want the people that come to our wedding to be talking about it for years!
 
That's all I have y'all. Just think, it's ALMOST the weekend! Join me tomorrow for some workout and cleanse updates. 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment