Friday, August 29, 2014

Week Recap and Getting In Shape for Fall

Happy Friday Y'all!

So a few of my friends are out right now having some tequila drinks and tacos, and I'll all in my glasses, in my stretchy pants with holes, doing laundry, while Tink snoozes right next to me......and occasionally stares me in the face for a head rub.


MAN, Friday nights have changed in the past 5 years.  I'm getting old.

So I have been slack on posting since last week, sorry!  It's been quite crazy at work and I also took yesterday off in the afternoon becaussssssssssssse..................COLLEGE FOOTBALL HAS RETURNED!!!

I mean for real, 2 of my most favorite things in life are 1) Christmas, 2) College Football.  Wait, back up, 1) JESUS....you get the idea.  But seriously, fall is one of my most favorite times of year.  I've grown up going to football games and I just so happened to marry the biggest college football fanatic in the world.  So, it's tradition and how we spend our falls.  We love it.  It's fun.  I live for it every year.  Just check out my Facebook posts every Saturday if you need good entertainment :)  I'm like a dude trapped in a little short body with boobs and a loud opinion.



Check out my buddies, Shirley and Ronnie.  They are like newly married and showed up in their matching outfits.  It was epic!  Jarrett was just proud I wore something with an actual team logo.  He does not understand that most college gameday outfits for girls involve a dress and/or cowboy boots.
But it was 95 degrees in the shade yesterday and ain't nobody got time to be all dressy!

This week was a little rough between work and working out.  I managed to squeeze in 3 workouts, which was not great, so I'm attempting to get a long one in tomorrow.  #weekendwarrior  I knew that yesterday would be out the window due to our day long adventure to the game, and today was spent quietly recovering at my desk.  Lots of water and protein.  Anywho, the long weekend is upon us, and I plan on relaxing but getting in some long walks, some circuits, and maybe some more beach workout posts since we'll be on the beach for a few days with J's family.

I did manage to keep my food on track, which is amazing and a challenge within itself.  I made a big crockpot of salsa chicken on Monday and ate that all week, along with some pork chop leftovers.  Salsa chicken is just how it sounds.  Chicken breasts + salsa = crockpot awesomeness.  Just serve up with some brown rice/quinoa, avocado and black beans.  Yum! Use it on tacos, casseroles, quesadillas....you name it, it will work!

2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken | gimmesomeoven.com

Sweet and short post tonight. I feel weird not writing more after I had 2 serious posts back to back last week.  I sat here for like a few minutes and was like "I should have more to say but............I think I got all of that out of my system last week!".  For rael though you guys,  even after all the love and support last week, every day is still a battle to come out on top with just myself.  Lots of work being done right now to get to a good place.  I thank each and every one of you for hanging in there with me. 

Happy long weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment