Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Vacation Post Numero Dos

Hey guys!

I am writing this post upon being up for about only 10 minutes.  YAWN! We were really lazy this morning and decided to sleep in before heading out to enjoy today.  You can totally be jealous.


Yesterday was a little more laid back that Monday.  Those jet skis really made us sore, so we took it easy on doing anything physical.  Well, I take that back, I got up early and ran on the beach for a bit and did a ladder workout.  10 lunges, 10 pushups, then went all the way down to 1.  Something about working out on the beach super early just makes me feel like I've woken up the right way.  And you can definitely work out without weights/machines while on vacation, you just have to do it.

We took to the beach again and chilled.  It's been threatening to rain the entire time, but it manages to miss the actual beachfront a good bit, so it remains overcast, but we've both gotten some sun here.

One thing I do well with as far as my skin goes is getting a little sun and sand.  Now I always use SPF 50 or above because I tend to burn, but something about salty air or salty water manages to clear up every blemish I have.  And I totally try to go without a lot of makeup the entire time.  My routine has dwindled down to very minimal and I've been using my new beauty sponge to just even out my skin tone.  If you guys don't have one of these, go get one.  It's worth the money spent, it just blends all of your makeup better than a brush or your hands.
beautyblender - the original beautyblender®
You put it under some water and let it expand, and you just pat it all over your face until everything is blended really well.  Pretty much all I've needed for a night out is the following: a little foundation, mascara, some eyeshadow...maybe a little lipgloss.  That's all! And the result is sunkissed and flawless.

Speaking of flawless, we watched the most beautiful sunset last night.  Everyone told me that sunsets in the Gulf are fantastic, but I really had no idea.  Here are a few to prove it.  I mean, it was breathtaking and relaxing all at once.  I'm just in love with this side of Florida.




Just absolutely beautiful.  Couldn't have asked for a better way to end the day.

Jarrett made like a really deep statement yesterday which totally caused me to think about life in general (Kinda like Deep thoughts by Jack Handey). He was grilling some massive burgers for us and was kind of taking in like where we're staying and what we've been doing.   Ok we've splurged on some good food and done some fun activities so far, but we're staying in a small bungalow and just living very simply this week.  And he just pointed out that we're living on less this week than we normally would, just taking our time and basically being happy with what's around us.  Now I get it, you're on vacation, it's supposed to be a happy time and you're supposed to eat crab dip every day if you want to.  But we really are just truly at peace to go sit on the beach, watch the world go by, and eat turkey sandwiches all day.  It's the best feeling.  

I will leave you guys with that today to think on.  I think tomorrow's plan involves a trip to Busch Gardens to feed our inner child needs while we're here :)

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment