Wednesday, October 2, 2013

It's really only Wednesday...

We all know what day it is.  It's been a really tough week and I've battled to make it this far.  Between three days at work, I've already put in over 30 hours.  Late night emails.  Early morning emails.  Lack of sleep thinking about all the things.  It's been exhausting.  I don't have the energy to post up that Geico camel.  I was so tired at dinner tonight that I almost fell asleep IN my margarita.  I'm seriously amazed that I'm awake to write this post because it's almost double digits, and I've been up since 4:00.  Looking and smelling a little rough at this point in the day!
 
The best part about having supportive friends and family is when they do things like send you awesomeness in the mail that you're not expecting...like this:
 
 
Thanks to my sister Jessica, I will display this prominently on my desk tomorrow for the remainder of my life.  She's pretty awesome.  Best. sister. ever!
 
Now besides it being Hump Day, it's also Workout Wednesday!!!
 
button
 
 With SkinnyMeg!!!!! Finally linking up and hoping to make it a party each week!  Check out one of my fave Texas bloggers.  She's preggers, runs half marathons, and is in the gym more than you are. 
 
WOD: 10/2/2013
 
Warm up: 3 laps outside while carrying a medicine ball! Find a track and go do it!
 
If you really want to get warm, you can also try doing Burpees (barfees) to "Roxanne" by The Police.  Every time you hear "Roxxxxannnnne"...do a burpee.  Gets pretty crazy at the end!  I kept wanting to tell Sting to lock it up about putting on the red light around burpee #12.
 
Today's WOD was a 2 part circuit:
 
1. 5 RFT (rounds for time) 50 high knees followed by 10 sit ups (legs crossed Indian-style). 
 
(I finished first, felt great!)
 
2. EMOM (Every minute on the minute) 20 jumping jacks, 15 mountain climbers, and 10 pushups.  Like real ones, all the way down, and back up.  Repeat 8-10 times.  I think we got in 9 or 10 rounds.
 
Finisher: 5 minute of wall sits. 
 
How do you get through your hump day? Or just your tough days in general? Do you pour some booze or do you get your sweat on? Or do you do both and in what order?
 
Happy Wednesday you guys! May your Thursday bring you happy thoughts towards the weekend.
 
OH and before I go, a quick get well to my friend Stef's cat. (I know, cat lover, sorrrrrrrrrrrry).  Her kitty dislocated her elbow today and had to go to the emergency vet.  Her cat and my cat are related.  Tink (my cat) is Teeny's niece.  Laugh all you want, but we love our furry friends.
 

Get well soon Aunt Teeny Weeny!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment