Saturday, August 24, 2013

Kansas City Recap and how I feel about airports...

 Hey y'all!  Ok I know it's been a long time since my last post, but I traveled for work this week and I was busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.  Apologies for the lack of words and pictures, but I'll make up for it tonight.  This week's trip took me to Kansas City, MO (well KC, Kansas, that's where the hotel was located), and it was FUN.  This is me being all professional the other day. 

My most favorite part of traveling is the fun airport people-watching. My dad and I used to play this game when I was little in the mall called "Spot the Funniest Person".  It was usually a version of fast mall-walkers, either with our without hand weights and sweat bands.
 
I've carried this game over into real adult life and LOVE to play it in airports and make fun observations about travelers.  So here goes.
 
Let's start with what people do in the terminal that is either (1) annoying or (2) strange or (3) I just have no idea...
 
 
 People that just plop in the MIDDLE OF EVERYTHING.  Not out of the way, not up against a wall, but in the middle of where everyone needs to walk to board the plane.  Oh and while we're at it, her bag exploded everywhere while she was sitting.  Let's take up more space than necessary and not do anything about it.  Airports are busy places, either find a chair or a corner and keep your belongings inside the car at all times.
 
Moving on to this chica...
 
 
 
Sooooooooooo this just doesn't look like the most comfortable outfit to travel in at all.  I felt like this girl was going to have a perma-wedgie the entire flight, while simultaneously flashing lots of butt flesh.  When I travel, it's usually in something stretchy and loose.  Those shorts definitely don't fit the hands-by-your-side short length rule in the 7th grade.
 
Then there was this couple...
 
 
I think they knew I was taking their picture, but there was a lot of hugging and smooching going on prior to this.  All while checking his cell phone.  It was like "oh honey I'm going to miss you sooooooooo much, but let me send my bros this one text..." Boyfriend-fail.
 
And then I took a picture yesterday of everyone that hovers in the terminal around 20 minutes prior to boarding the plane...
 
 
This is by far my travel pet-peeve.  I am one of those people that will wait to board the plane dead last.  WHY? Because of these folks.  They block up the gateway, just standing around, and they're usually in like zone 200.  I know that it's usually due to carry-on space and the flight just being packed, but I just can't handle it.  The more they hover, the more I start to hyperventilate.  Or want to trip them all.
 
So while all of that was amusing or annoying (depending on the amount of sleep that I had), KC was a great visit.  We ate some fantastic BBQ.  I happen to live with a self-proclaimed BBQ snob and now that I eat to his standards, I like to think that I'm pretty selective.  It was ALL delish.  If you're in KC, MO you have to go eat at Jack Stacks or Oklahoma Joe's. 
 
 
We had some amazing scenery in our conference room.  I love a downtown city area that you actually can experience while not being massive and crazy like NYC.
 
 
 
 
Work trips are exhausting, but we visited some great clients and had a wonderful time.  I think no matter where you go, you have to be open-minded and just have some fun on your own. 

That's all for now.  I'm sporting a pretty nasty fever blister and feeling kinda blah since getting back, but it's time to get back on track with the clean eating and working out next week.  These legs are DYING to go on a run, so healthy posts will be on tap for this week.
 
Until then, happy Saturday and enjoy your weekend!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment