Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Feel good about all the things!!!


Happy Hump Day guys!

It's been a busy week and I've been doing some crafts for my sister in law's wedding.  Thought I would share before I start writing about all things working out and eating clean.





Isn't this CUTE! I may have to start a side business to bring home some extra bacon.  

Mmmm bacon...ugh, I can't eat it!

Back to business.

So since my last post, I have joined my online accountability
 group and started making some good changes!

I mean, this is USUALLY my workout routine:


But not so much.  One thing that is really hard for me is to not snack at work.  Our office caters lunch for clients all the time and there's always some random pasta salad, burrito makings, pasta, even like full on BBQ sometimes.  

There are days where I eat my salad or my leftovers...and then someone brings by the tray of leftover wraps (full of fatty goodness like cheese and thick ham), and it tempts me.  From 3 feet away.

So this week, I made the solemn vow to myself that I would bring my own food, stick to eating really clean, and drinking lots of water.

Here are a few yummy meals I've made.  

Breakfast is usually something like this, rice cakes and almond butter and a banana or apple.  Lots of fiber and fills me up until lunch!


I made some DELICIOUS chicken lettuce wraps for dinner that I took for lunch the next day.


Dinner has either been leftovers or roasted veggies and chicken.  Tonight I made some roasted gnocchi, zucchini and sun dried tomatoes.  Doused with a little hot sauce. I really LOVE pasta and it's usually a staple for me, but I'm pretty OK with gnocchi as a back up.  I feel like it's fun to eat too with it's little ridges. 

I have not had ANY ALCOHOL since Saturday! (Sorry Mom, that makes me sound like a lush).  

The one thing I'll say about eating this way is that even though I haven't been able to work out everyday like I've wanted to, I feel amazing right now and my energy level is really high.  Lots of protein and water has left me feeling less bloated, more full, and not having massive stomach pain like when I scarf down those cheesy sandwiches at work.

Next week I'm going to continue to up my protein intake.  I tried on a bridesmaid's dress for a friend's wedding at the end of May today.  While it's beautiful and fits like a glove, I definitely saw areas for improvement.  There's some missing muscle definition in my arms.  I would love for my stomach to be slimmer.

The thing is I KNOW I can do this, I just have to fight the urge to be lazy and eat bad.  

Cause this is the truth y'all:


GO GET IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment